Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 20/90: America Needs to Rethink Its Menus


Stat. 

Went to see improv comedy this week and this is the menu. Look closely. See if you can find anything on there that a PCPer can munch on. I'll tell you what I had - half a mug of weak-sauce decaf coffee.

Now, I'm not just using this blog to kvetch, but what is up with our country that we can't put a couple of half-way decent items on a menu? Even a snack menu? If you can refrigerate salsa you can refrigerate vegetable sticks, right? I see this everywhere, not just at improv theaters. Forget walking into a bar. And I'm in Boulder, CO. One of the healthiest places I've ever lived in America. Truly. People don't even blink when you say, "I'm not eating sugar, salt, oils or ..."

Nevertheless, I worry about the future of society when we're bumping up clothing sizes rather than focusing on a drastic reeducation of kids on food.

1 comment:

  1. This drives me nuts too. I'll go somewhere, or usually, be "stuck" somewhere, and be astonished that there is literally NOTHING that will fit the PCP diet. And it's not like our plan is that strict. People just don't serve vegetables. I guess no one else would order them.

    All of this has fired me up to get our restaurant going. Whaddya say G?

    ReplyDelete